Friday, April 2, 2010

Still A Sicky...


Still have the crud and trying to push through it.  It was a rough day but I gathered my energy and strength together to take the kids to Good Friday service at Hill Country Bible Church in Austin and I must say it was powerful.  I had felt pitiful all day but when I took one step into the church and saw the cross hanging over the alter draped in a black cloth it moved me to tears.  The service was real somber with beautiful worship music followed by communion.  Once it was over, we walked to the gym where there were wooden crosses laid out around the floor.  The girls and I wrote our names on a piece of cloth and then nailed it to one of the crosses.  I was in tears once again as I nailed in my named cloth into the cross.  I felt very blessed and thankful for my life and the cherry on top was when Gracie had finished nailing in her cloth...she threw her fists in the air and yelled, "YEAH!!!!!"  Everyone else around us just smiled and laughed.  It was awesome!  The point of this little story is that I realized no matter how bad I was feeling today, it doesn't compare to what Jesus went through for me.  What a great feeling!  


Have a great night.  Love one another and please...be healthy!
Mucho Love, Paiger

TODAY'S HOLIDAY:  National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day!
There is nothing more comforting than a PB & J sandwich...unless, of course, it's Smucker's GOOBER! One of my favorite childhood snacks.  Now all I need is a Thundercats marathon and I am good to go!


3 comments:

Amy V said...

what a powerful post. thank you for this :)

Iva Messy said...

I LOVE Goober!!! LOL I spoon feed it LOL soooo good!

Paiger said...

Yay! Straight from the spoon is the best and it's awesome to know I have a fellow Goober lover!

Post a Comment