Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Mighty Revelation...

Happy Sunday Everyone!  Hope you're enjoying your day of rest and for those of you in the Austin area...I hope you are enjoying the rain.  I love when it rains!  It's perfect snuggling weather with my hubby and kiddos.  I'm in my jeans, a tank and my Vicky Secrets below the knee wrap around sweater.  My hair is up in a bun and tied up off my freshly washed face.  I have a hot cup of gypsy tea in one hand and typing with the other.  The overcast sky just allows enough light in the house to be able to see where you're going.  To some this may be depressing and morbid but, to me it's God's way of telling me to enjoy some peace.  It's like he's forcing me to relax and it feels wonderful.

This moment of pure bliss in my peaceful time with God reminds me of what was discussed in service this morning.  Our pastor discussed Psalm 139 and how God is everywhere, knows everything and makes everything.  What affected me the most was the realization that God truly made every part of me.  He planned how I was going to look and what kind of personality I was going to have.  I think about all the health problems I have had all of my life and how that has effected the way I will look at myself both physically and emotionally.  I'm very easy to doubt myself in everything I do.  I second guess the clothes I wear or if my hair isn't looking quite right.  I second guess the kind of wife and mother I am and if I'm doing enough for my family.  It's a whirlwind of doubts, stress and chaos.  But....I've been working on changing all that this past year and this morning was the cherry on the cake of it all.

It's absolutely amazing when you come to the realization that everyone in this world is different.  Different colors, different body type, different looks and different personalities.  God created us that way to keep the world interesting.  I'm learning to look at myself and tell me that I was created specifically to look like....ME and I'm beautiful in God's eyes.  I value my uniqueness and now enjoy sharing that with my family, friends and folks I don't even know.  It feels wonderful and once again, I feel confident.

This is how I look at you...a beautiful child of God who is unique and brilliant.  Walk with your head held high and tell yourself, "I am a sculpture made by the Lord's hands and I am a reflection of him".  Now go tell someone else.


What an incredible artist he is, huh?
Have a great rest of your weekend!  Be good to one another and make it a daily 
promise to yourself that you will see the beauty in EVERYTHING!
Mucho Love, Paiger


1 comments:

Amy V said...

beautifully written. fantastic post.

Post a Comment