Sunday, April 18, 2010

My Temporary Home...

So we just got done watching the American Country Music awards and I have to share a thought with y'all.

I'm not the biggest Carrie Underwood fan out there. I like some of her songs, some of her videos and some of her performances. Tonights was absolutely awesome and not just because she has a truly powerful voice but it was the song she sang....Temporary Home.

The song is centered around three stories. The first is of a little boy who goes from foster home to foster home. The second is about a homeless mother and daughter and the last is about a man dying. All three are moving to hear about but when Carrie starts the third verse about the man...I am brought to tears everytime.

Old man, hospital bed
The room is filled with people he loves
And he whispers don't cry for me
I'll see you all someday
He looks up and says "I can see God's face."

"This is my temporary Home
It's not where I belong
Windows and rooms that I'm passin' through
This was just a stop,on the way to where I'm going
I'm not afraid because I know this was
My temporary home."


Amazing! Makes me think of my father. I was holding his hand when it was time for him to go home and eventhough I miss him every minute of every day...I remember the look on his face when he left this world. It was like a child being picked up by his daddy. It was the most beautiful experience and gave my such peace. I love you Dad and I always feel your love surrounding me. I miss you so much!



0 comments:

Post a Comment