Monday, May 31, 2010

The Cake Boss Rocks!



I watch every Monday as Buddy and his crazy family bring joy into the lives of so many people.  They have made beautiful cakes for everyone from  the folks at Sesame Street to a drag queen who wanted a cake big enough to pop out of while wearing a christmas tree costume (what a funny episode with Miss Richfield 1981).  Buddy made a life size cake of his wife for her thirtieth birthday and an amazing cake of all things New Jersey for the Governors inaugural ceremony.  He is an ispiration as a baker and with all the "reality" shows out there, it's awesome to watch such a genuine family.  A family that has stuck together through the toughest times and built this amazing business that has lastest three generations.

I had the chance to visit Carlos Bakery in Hoboken NJ this past April thanks to my big sis. 


I was awe struck as I studied all the cakes on display and took mental notes on everything...





I hung out by the consultation area


I stared at all the photos on the wall of cakes and the family at Carlos

And ate the best Canoli I have ever had





I pride myself on learning new things from Carlos Bakery.  Whenever I make a cake I always think of how Buddy would do it and then just go for it.





Thanks Carlos for making me want to be a better baker and for teaching me not to be afraid to take a chance with it.  I have had fun doing these cakes so far and am excited for my future making them for Paiger's Creations.  

Make sure to visit Buddy and all his family at www.carlosbakery.com and be sure to watch them on Monday nights on TLC.  AND, if you're ever in Hoboken...go to Carlos Bakery and taste a little bit of heaven.

Take a look at my blog: Cake Anyone that I posted in March for a few of the cakes I've done.  There's more photos to come.
Have a great night everyone!

Mucho Love,
Paiger

0 comments:

Post a Comment