Monday, July 5, 2010

More than I Bargained...For July 4...

Happy late 4th of July everyone!

I hope all of you had a blast and I pray that all your festivities were safe.  I had to share with you than mine ended up not so safe.  Paiger The Freak Of Nature has struck again.

Yesterday afternoon I was preparing for our party for the fourth and needed to go up in our attic to get some buckets to hold water balloons.  Now in our garage (which looks like a second living room in our house) there is a large industrial fan in the ceiling right next to the attic opening.  As I got halfway down the ladder...I tossed the heavy buckets to the floor before making my way further down.  Once I lifted my hand from the toss.............thump thump thump thump....my right hand gets caught in the fan that fortunately wasn't at the highest speed, just the second highest speed.  At this point I about fell off the ladder but was able to hang on with my other hand.  Whew, I felt like I was in a kick butt action flick were they hang on to the base of a helicopter and you hear the blades whirling around your head except I was crying like a baby.  Ha ha ha
Anyway, long story short.  I shrugged it off, had our party, drank a few cerveza's and didn't feel much pain.........Until I woke up this morning and realized one of my knuckles was missing.  Well, actually the swelling just covered it.  So off to the ER I went.  After Xrays showed no break, the doc came to the conclusion that I tore a ligament and did some damage to the tendon.  Fun stuff I tell ya.  I was wrapped up, told to rest it as much as possible and they sent me home with some Motrin to take down the swelling.

Here are the photos of this wonderful journey....













I'm wrapped up at home, icing, resting and taking my Motrin like a good little girl.  My wonderful daughters even helped me to make my cast more fashionable.  That's my girls.

Thanks for reading my story of what a klutz Miss Paiger is.  Now I have an awesome story of how I braved a ceiling fan attack.
Have a wonderful night everyone and remember, it's not a good idea to stick any part of your body into ANY kind of fan especially going at incredibly fast speeds.  I don't recommend it.  Ha Ha Ha

Good night to you all.  May God bless every day of your life.

Con Molto Amore,  PAIGER

1 comments:

Unknown said...

BOY, THE APPLE DOESNT FALL FAR FROM THE TREE...lol ....THATS SOMETHING I WOULD DO. I HOPE U FEEL BETTER SOON!

Post a Comment