Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Search Into My Past...


Hello All,
Just wanted to send out a quick "buongiorno" and let you all now that I am still here...just been an interesting couple of weeks finishing out the girls school, working on business organization and just getting used to two little ones with me 24/7. I have to admit my head is spinning a little. Whew.



Something I wanted to share with you is a project I have started. I am in the research of my life...literally. I have started the process of building my family tree and wanted to share with you all just how much fun it is. Thanks to a good friend of mine...I signed up with www.ancestry.com and I couldn't believe how much information it is constantly leading me to. THANK YOU DANNY!!

I am starting with my mother's side which is a blast. Today I found ship manifests from my great-grandparents immigration from Italy to New York at the Ellis Island website. There are actual copies of the manifests, naturalization requests, census reports and even photos of the ship that brought them over.
Kimmi...I'm sending it all your way as I find everything!

Me and Nanny when I visited in New Jersey

I encourage everyone to find their stories within their ancestors. I never thought I would get so much out of this and feel such pride...and I haven't even started on my Dad's side yet. I can't wait!

Con Molto Amore (with much love), Paiger

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Soooo cool....Looking forward to the info....Thanks Paiger...love you

Dan said...

I'm glad to hear you signed up.

One note of advice on Ancestry.com, be careful accepting data from other people's trees (except mine, of course ;-) It's easy to corrupt your good data with bad.

Post a Comment