Monday, June 14, 2010

Armadillos...The Texas Speedbump...

...Or they are great for racing!

You know you live in Texas when you go to an elite party for work and they have armadillo racing.  I'm reminiscing about last Thursday when Lexus Of Austin threw a party for their employees for reaching elite status yet again and it was a blast.  It was a carnival theme full of great food, gambling for raffle tickets, chicken poop bingo, fortune telling and of course...dillo racing.


Here are Dean, myself and our brother from another mother, Joey.  Joey was the winner, Dean came in second and I was third............out of the three of us racing.  My dillo didn't even make it to the finish line but the judge just said, "just go ahead Darlin...you're done".

Before the race began, we held our dillos by the base of the tail with one hand and the other covering it's face.  Mine was going so crazy in my hands I thought, "Whew boy, when I let you go you've got this".  Well, he froze at the start and as I urged him forward, he ran backwards to the starting line.  Those little suckers are difficult but, oddly adorable.


I did get some Armadillo Droppings as a consolation prize so at least I didn't go home empty handed.



And I got a pretty henna tattoo which I LOVE.  It is pacifying me for now of my desire for another tattoo.  

All in all...what a great evening!  Thank you Lexus for knowing how to show your employees one heck of a time.
Have fun y'all.  Life is a carnival.  There are many great rides.  A lot of chicken poop and if you are feeling too stressed...grab an armadillo and challenge someone to a race!

Con Molto Amore Everyone, PAIGER

0 comments:

Post a Comment