Thursday, September 16, 2010

Harley And An Ice Pack...

Day four after surgery was pretty good.  My neck was a little on the sore side today but what better way to deal with it than to have my trusty monkey, Harley and an ice pack?  It did wonders!



Harley was made for me at Build-A-Bear in Houston in 2002 for my birthday.  My dad, my sister, and my brother all put a heart in him before we built him together and we all named him Harley for my love of motorcycles.  I love that little Monkey and when my little darlings aren't stealing him from me, he is on my bed.  This past week he has been by my side along with PD (the greatest little min pin in the world especially since he tolerates the cat sneaking in some snuggle time).

 

They have all kept me company while Deano was at work and the girls at school.  I couldn't have asked for a better recovery this week.  Tomorrow I go to the doc to remove my stitches and draining tube which I'm not looking forward to but, hey, once it's over I'll feel so much better.

Every day I feel more and more like myself.  Swelling is going down slowly but surely and the pain is less every day.


Again...I want to thank all of you for your kind emails, phone calls and texts wishing me the best and keeping me in your prayers.  You are all wonderful and I love having you a part of my blogging family.  A friend of mine told me yesterday that with all the physical drama I experience, it might be wise to just wrap me in bubble wrap.  I got such a kick out of that and still can't stop laughing.  She called it alright.  Paiger wouldn't be Paiger without all the injuries and surgeries.  I guess it just keeps things interesting.  Still...I can't thank you all enough for taking a day to walk in my shoes.  

Happy Friday to all of you tomorrow and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Con Molto Amore,
PAIGER

0 comments:

Post a Comment